Friday, June 10, 2005

in response to Alejendra [call for experts]

Many, many thanks Alejendra. I was thinking about my use of the word 'expert'; it sounds 'daunting', is it?

The online discussion is not intended to be a formal lecture. It's more like sharing about what you've been doing in your writing class, things that have worked with your students, and activities that are fun and stimulating. I have been out of the 'TEYL' (Teaching english to young learners' stream for a long time, and I think that I'm not doing quite a good job with my own children. It's difficult teaching your own children. In my case, I get too cranky. My expectations just shoots up and down. I'd rather hire a tutor to do formal lessons. My husband and I occassionaly speaks English to our children but this isn't enough. Miki (my husband) isn;t worried, though.

Anyway, I think Joy and I could learn a lot from your experience. I'll let you know when the fixed date is, ok?

Thanks!

Hugs,

aiden
p.s.

I'm also collecting URL links to teachers' online resources on teaching writing to kids. If you know of any, I'd appreciate if you could pass them along. :-)

aleweser wrote:
Dear Aiden and Joy,
I have classes every other Saturday, but if I happen to be at home on
the day you plan your webcast you can count on me to share my
experience. Not that I consider myself the expert you are looking for
but I have been teaching 6th graders (11-year-olds) for over twenty
years now so I might have a few ideas to share and I have no doubts
there will be a lot more I can learn from you.

I really look forward to hearing from you.

Alejandra Weser

No comments: